Guests Love Us
- 10 people from Chongqing spent 4 beautiful nights. Thanks for the warm hearted service. Deep gratitude; 100% satisfaction. ( Oct 2019)
- Great time here – can’t wait for No. 7 – Helge ( May 2019)
- Amazing stay! A hidden gem, an oasis in a city. Thanks so much for making this a fabulous and spoilt stay. – David and Jennifer (March 2019)
- Thanks for a lovely stay and the BEST breakfast ever! – The Rosenberg Family (Feb 2019)
- One week totally relaxation. A real paradise in the middle of the city. Thxs for your great hospitality. – Andrea and Zero ( Jan 2019)
- I think the best stay in Joburg! – Sven ( Nov 2018)
- Thank you for a fantastic stay and a wonderful way to end our holiday. – Alex and Hannah (Nov 2018)
- Thank you very much for a wonderful stay with a warm welcome. Everything just perfect. We love your dogs.- Stefan and Hans (Nov 2018)
- Absolute perfection!! Thank you Michelle for a perfect stay! Everything is excellent – The Knusten Family (Oct 2018)
- We couldn’t have chosen a better start to our South African adventure. We enjoyed every every moment. – Marian and Paul ( Oct 2018)
- Wow! Such a friendly place to be. I travel all over the world for work, this is number 1 on my accommodation list! – Daniel ( September 2018)
- This is an amazing place. Thank you for great accommodation, welcoming atmosphere, terrific food and company. ( And the dogs are fun!) – Mary (Sept 2018)
- Thank you for yet another serene and relaxing stay! – Shravya and Mat ( Aug 2018)
- Amazing being here again. Love it here. – Gadijah ( August 2018)
- Fantastic! Will be back – Fernando (July 2018)
- Back again 🙂 Brilliant! – Jackie and Justin ( July 2018)
- Great stay! Great place! Even more great the people! Will be back – Richard (July 2018)
- Wonderful treat of a stay!! – Helen ( June 2018)
- Simply magnificent at every turn. Thank you – Pam ( May 2018)
- Very welcoming, quite, great place – Giovanni – (May 2018)
- What an absolute gem. Made a difference to my trip – Lukwesa (April 2018)
- Gorgeous place. Wonderful food – Becky ( April 2018)
- Perfect/ Great/ Amazing/ Best breakfast! – Lindsay and Chanel ( March 2018)
- Absolutely First Class – Carl (March 2018)
- Five Star. Thank you. – Lauren ( March 2017)
- Brilliant. Enjoyed stay. – Bill ( April 2017)
- Very Friendly, will come again! – Andre (May 2017)
- Perfect. Good WiFi, good bed, good shower, will be back. – Peter (May 2017)
- Great stay, thanks. – Brendon (June 2017)
- Wonderful experience! See you again soon! – Lezane (July 2017)
- Warm, wonderful and top draw. Robert and Nadine ( July 2017)
- Absolutely Wonderful Place and People . – Frans (July 2017)
- Perfect. Cozy stay!!! – Issabella (July 2017)
- Excellent stay. Above and Beyond. – Alex (July 2017)
I have travelled extensively and I can say this is one of the best stays I’ve had. There is a level of home comforts, with a relaxing lounge area and an outside pool in a large and well-kept garden. The hosts are incredibly professional and are not intrusive, but yet still on standby if you require anything at all. Finally, breakfast was so moreish and was a good balance of chia oats with mint, homemade crumpets with cream and high-end jams or you could have your personal fry up prepared. Oh, last thing. My room was always immaculate when returning and the fact that even after finishing the homemade biscuits, they replenished the stash every evening along with other chocolate comforts. I cannot recommend 58 on Hume with the wonderful 5-star home-like treatment enough. – Kerry – Cape Town, South Africa ( Febuary 2019)
58 on HUME is a Hidden Gem….
This boutique property in Dunkeld is one of the most relaxing and friendly places we have stayed in-in Johannesburg. From the moment we arrived it was like arriving back at a good friend’s house. The cottage is beautifully styled and we found it comfortable and relaxing. The bedroom is cozy, with a comfortable bed and luxurious linen. Our hosts ‘Michelle and Anthony’ certainly went above and beyond to ensure that we felt welcomed and at home with all the extra touches and treats. They have certainly thought of everything and no request big or small goes unnoticed.
We will definitely be returning and look forward to our next stay at 58 on Hume
Leona – Cape Town, South Africa ( November 2016)
What a wonderfully warm and welcoming home-away-from-home in bustling Johannesburg!
The location couldn’t have been better and we felt complete peace of mind in terms of security. Accommodations and furnishings were immaculate and breakfast is not to be missed.
Everything surpassed our expectations and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend 58 on Hume. We look forward to our next visit.
M. Hastings – Tanzania ( February 2017)
“We had a very comfortable stay in this beautiful well appointed garden cottage Set in tranquil surroundings.
The accommodation is 5 star and our host Michelle was welcoming and friendly.
It has all the amenities with a modern well equipped kitchen.
We will definitely be back. Highly recommend it.”
Nadine and Robert – Durban, South Africa (March 2017)
“I am so happy we discovered this B&B – they are new to Air B’B so we thought to book and give support. It was for only one night in JHB and I wish we could’ve stayed longer. Could not have been more pleased. Location – perfect! Sandton, Rosebank, Illovo all just around the corner. The host, Michelle, is so warm and welcoming and happy to help with any queries. The property is just beautiful with a tranquil garden to relax and have a cup of tea (or a glass of wine). Our room was spacious with a big en suite bathroom. Everything so fresh and clean. Plenty of cupboard space and a king-size extra comfy bed. Added extras like free Wifi (quick and easy to connect), DSTV, tea/coffee, yummy biscuits and even a bottle of sherry if you are in the mood for a night cap. There is a balcony off the room where you can sit and enjoy your morning cuppa (or your evening night cap) – I loved that they had this balcony. But don’t stay too long with your morning cuppa – head down to breakfast because it is divine!!! Cereals, yoghurt and a menu with a delicious fry-up. And if you are used to having your morning smoothie don’t panic, there is a Nutribullet! I thought this was a great extra. A wonderful, safe and secure B&B with warm, friendly and helpful hosts. Thank you Michelle. We will definitely be back. Highly recommended!”
Lauren and Paul – Durban South Africa ( March 2017 )
Thank you for a wonderful stay at your gorgeous Dunkeld B+B. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you Michelle for the particular considerate hospitality you provided. Best wishes, Bill”
Bill – London, UK – (April 2017)